Attachments

• image-2254635651.jpg
    image-2254635651.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image-253517330.jpg
    image-253517330.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 2
That is done here. The pull tab is worth more than the hole can.

That is done here. The pull tab is worth more than the hole can.

Not true. Ronald McDonald house only accepts the tabs and not the whole cans because of filthy contamination found left in cans like sticky syrup and cigarette butts. They recycle them like any other metal that others do. It was a myth that was started long ago that if a bunch of kids would collect tons of tabs that it would save a sick child's life and all the schools joined in. It still makes them some money and most important is it gets the school kids to make an effort at a young age to do something good for the less fortunate. The reality is the tab is only a small portion of the aluminum weight of a can but it is a lot easier for them to manage. If you donate a couple dollars to the cause it would do much more for the children. We have been involved in this for a long time.

Not true. Ronald McDonald house only accepts the tabs and not the whole cans because of filthy contamination found left in cans like sticky syrup and cigarette butts. They recycle them like any other metal that others do. It was a myth that was started long ago that if a bunch of kids would collect tons of tabs that it would save a sick child's life and all the schools joined in. It still makes them some money and most important is it gets the school kids to make an effort at a young age to do something good for the less fortunate. The reality is the tab is only a small portion of the aluminum weight of a can but it is a lot easier for them to manage. If you donate a couple dollars to the cause it would do much more for the children. We have been involved in this for a long time.
Yes, unfortunately you'd be better off donating pennies to them. The pull tabs are only good for their recycle value.
The real scoop on pulltab collecting/donating- snopes.com: Pull Tab Redemption Rumor

It's a good thought but the efforts are futile. Donate cash instead. This has been discussed in the past on here.

Last edited:
I save them for a relative that supports a cancer foundation!At least all my beer drinking can help a good cause!

I save them for a relative that supports a cancer foundation!At least all my beer drinking can help a good cause!
Yes and for every 4 cases of beer you drink, you donate about 3 1/2- 4 cents worth of pull tabs. Pocket change would do them better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back