PRUSSIAN BRACE suspender clip

SOG Fielder

Greenie
Jan 17, 2022
6F2456F4-2625-4D89-91DE-1648338CEB45.jpeg
Does anyone have any information on this suspender clip? Dug in WA. Thanks!

Attachments

• 273676DA-5152-416B-B4CC-7013551C787F.jpeg
    273676DA-5152-416B-B4CC-7013551C787F.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 7
I found a similar one on a site called CAS city. Not much detail given.

Yes, I saw that too. It looks like the kind of site to which Tnet wouldn’t allow a link, but there was no additional information anyway… except that one of the responders said there were some details on the American Textile History Museum website and provided a link to it. Unfortunately the link is dead since the Museum (in Lowell, MA) closed its doors permanently in 2016. Some pages from their website are available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine but not the page that was referenced.

I wonder if it might have any connection to this 1892 patent for a “Clasping Buckle” filed in the US by Carl Hollweg:

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/f0/09/8e/d5a07ab57b2826/US485544.pdf
Be it known that I, Carl Hollweg, a subject of the King of Prussia, residing at Barmen, Kingdom of Prussia, (Province of Rhenish Prussia,) Germany, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Clasping-Buckles, of which the following is a specification. This invention relates to an improvement in buckles for suspenders, belts, and the like, also serviceable as a clamp for the straps or cords of blinds, shades, and the like.

It's not the same buckle, but perhaps uses one or more of the principles covered by the patent or has some other connection to Hollweg? He was a physician and doctor of medicine but seems to have US patents for other devices, including a corkscrew, a pocket knife and some kind of intrauterine pessary contraption.

I thought possibly something manufactured near King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. I did a search, but to no avail.

Yes, I saw that too. It looks like the kind of site to which Tnet wouldn’t allow a link, but there was no additional information anyway… except that one of the responders said there were some details on the American Textile History Museum website and provided a link to it. Unfortunately the link is dead since the Museum (in Lowell, MA) closed its doors permanently in 2016. Some pages from their website are available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine but not the page that was referenced.

I wonder if it might have any connection to this 1892 patent for a “Clasping Buckle” filed in the US by Carl Hollweg:

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/f0/09/8e/d5a07ab57b2826/US485544.pdf
Be it known that I, Carl Hollweg, a subject of the King of Prussia, residing at Barmen, Kingdom of Prussia, (Province of Rhenish Prussia,) Germany, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Clasping-Buckles, of which the following is a specification. This invention relates to an improvement in buckles for suspenders, belts, and the like, also serviceable as a clamp for the straps or cords of blinds, shades, and the like.

It's not the same buckle, but perhaps uses one or more of the principles covered by the patent or has some other connection to Hollweg? He was a physician and doctor of medicine but seems to have US patents for other devices, including a corkscrew, a pocket knife and some kind of intrauterine pessary contraption.
Fascinating, thanks so much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back