el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am raising my boys solo, with their mother getting some weekends, so I was pulling up to the ex's house and my youngest son Asa (five years old) is yelling something at me and is very excited. He is running to the truck with his hand in his shirt pocket telling me that he has found a penny like on my computer. Come see, COME SEE!!! So I am having a proud father moment (especially in front of the ex :laughing7:) because my youngest is a serious treasure hunter and really loves to look for things, just like his daddy.
I'll stop here and let you guys see his "penny".

DSC03192.JPG

DSC03193.JPG

DSC03194.JPG

1944 Merc Dime. I just laughed and was very proud that he recognized it from viewing other folks finds here on Tnet. Asa is very proud of his find. In fact his 1957 D Wheat penny is old hat now. He has slept with his merc in his hand for two night now. Thanks for looking and allowing a proud pop to brag for a bit.

Kinley

Attachments

• DSC03190.JPG
    DSC03190.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 25
Very cool.....

Good deal on the mercury dime. Children are a blessing.

Agreed, Children are a blessing. They change your life forever. Thanks for the kind words. I just get a lot of enjoyment watching my boys getting excited over something they find!!!

Your boy's a sweetie and that Merc couldn't have gone to a better treasure hunter.

He's a handsome little digger, and Dad has every right to be proud!

Thats what its all about right there! Memories memories memories.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's great!

Years ago ( I won't say how many) my youngster (12 at the time) "borrowed" $5.00 from my wallet. I was ashamed of myself and of him. I thought I had raised him better then that. I told my wife not to say anything to him about it. Two weeks later the family got together for my birthday and we had a nice little party. After everyone had cake it was time for my presents. My son walked up to me and handed me a small box and a card. I unwrapped the box and found a new fly fishing reel inside, the one we had been checking out at the local Caldors store. Needless to say I was tickled to death with the gift. When I opened the card. Inside was a $5.00 bill and a short note which read something like this. "Dad, I have been saving up to buy you this reel for almost 3 months. I've been putting aside money from my newspaper route and doing odd jobs around the neighborhood. I thought I was going to be a few dollars short and borrowed this money from you. I hope you love the fishing reel and I'm sorry for taking the money without asking but I wanted it to be a surprise.

So..........I know how you're feeling about your youngster. Congratulations for being a good dad!

Years ago ( I won't say how many) my youngster (12 at the time) "borrowed" $5.00 from my wallet. I was ashamed of myself and of him. I thought I had raised him better then that. I told my wife not to say anything to him about it. Two weeks later the family got together for my birthday and we had a nice little party. After everyone had cake it was time for my presents. My son walked up to me and handed me a small box and a card. I unwrapped the box and found a new fly fishing reel inside, the one we had been checking out at the local Caldors store. Needless to say I was tickled to death with the gift. When I opened the card. Inside was a $5.00 bill and a short note which read something like this. "Dad, I have been saving up to buy you this reel for almost 3 months. I've been putting aside money from my newspaper route and doing odd jobs around the neighborhood. I thought I was going to be a few dollars short and borrowed this money from you. I hope you love the fishing reel and I'm sorry for taking the money without asking but I wanted it to be a surprise.

So..........I know how you're feeling about your youngster. Congratulations for being a good dad!

That is a great story!!!!!!! I laugh because I used to be so many things, so I thought. Then I entered fatherhood and became so many BETTER things!!! It's funny how kids change ya.

Thanks for all the nice comments and stories!!

Awesome post el remolino! It is a very special thing that you son enjoys what you do, and those looks on his face speaks volumes. Two out of my three kids started metal detecting with me about the same age as your son...of course this was years ago. I will never forget the first time my daughter found a gold necklace. She came running over to me all excited, just way you son did. Priceless memories indeed!

Love the smile on your son's face! Its hard to imagine or remember life before kids. They are an investment in time but the benefits are immeasureable! Way to be, Dad!

Brought a tear to my eye! So awesome to have a proud Dad! I just texted my son this afternoon and told him how proud I was of him!

Great story! Love to see the little ones get into it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back