Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, just got the Deus and am trying to follow along in Andy's book creating a basic coin shooting program, am instantly running into complications.

2nd step which is to select a frequency, + or - keys do nothing, going into expert mode only allows a slight frequency shift, not an actual frequency [8 khz in this case].

So ,,,, Only thing I can think of, does the control box have to be online with the coil to program thins thing ? Am trying to create programs in the comfort of my bedroom with just the control box ,,, Anyone know what I am not able to select a particular freq for a custom program ?

You have to have a paired coil to change frequencies.

I came back to edit this post a bit and add that when you turn on your Deus,
select NO speaker and then you won't have to hear it squeak and swak while you set new programs.

Last edited:
Yeah, tried that right after I posted and it worked ,,, Guess there must be a good electronic reason why they need to be paired, ie certain freqs may or may not work with certain coils, and if no coil is registered it doesn't know if the freq choice would work or not ... but would be much more convenient if it could be programmed by itself. Most other things can be programmed without coil though, so will just have to live with that quirk.

yeah im guessing since the remote shares a brain with the coils it has to be able to send the info to the coil, probably will be the same with the newer high frequency gold coils

Your frequency shifts are minimal from the 4 that are in there. I think maybe a total of 12 different frequencies total. Have you connected the coil to the controller yet?

I have done some basic metal detecting with it yes, so yeah I have it connected to the coil so to speak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back