Probably nothing but would like to know anyway

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while I was out today. Not a very productive hunt but at least I got some exercise and the weather was great. Not sure what it is made of. The back looks like it was attached to something. Thanks everyone and HH.

Attachments

• image-4176730085.jpg
    image-4176730085.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3991143653.jpg
    image-3991143653.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 94
Judging by the photos, your item appears to be brass and looks like a vintage bridle rosette or either the face of a brooch. Since more rosettes were made of brass than brooches, I tend to lend toward the rosette. Neat find, Breezie

Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch for the help Breezie. HH

You're welcome. I'd like to clarify something. The majority of rosettes were round, not oval, so when I said rosette, I was basically speaking about some type of tack decoration, not necessarily a rosette per se. At any rate, I feel like it is some type of brass decor, whether jewelry related or tack related. The pic below shows the back of a rosette, and I can't tell from your photo, but yours doesn't look like it had a bracket like this. :) Breeze

Rosette.jpg

Upvote 0
No it looks like something else round in shape was attached to it. I've notice you respond to about all of my what is it finds so just wanted to say thanks again. HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back