1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 19
Hit the Chesapeake bay today found 6 good silvers 1964 quarter 36 merc one can’t tell the date looks to me a 1776 and a1807 Spanish silver weather was beautiful thanks for looking
Looks like you had a great day. Quick question from someone who is just getting into water detecting…..to come out with what you did, how much crap (aluminum, lead, etc) did you have to parse through? Only ask because my first trip yielded all lead (sinkers, modern bullets,etc) and my second yielded pull tabs and al cans.

Thanks I do hit modern beaches that yield alot of junk and some good stuff too.there is so many miles of beach here i have lots to chose from.All these coins came from a section of the beach that was not used as a swimming beach..I didnt dig much trash at all.I like to search all different kinds of beaches.I sometimes target spots that have huge banks coming straight out of the water maybe 10 yards of sand at dead low tide.High tide the water will be at the bottom of the bank.Ill pick a section of the shore and cover maybe a mile or 2 in a day.Whats funny is I covered about a miles of beach to find this spot.This was the 3rd time I was there.Every time Ive been back there Ive found spanish silver there.Out of the whole mile all the spanish and silver coins were found in a spot maybe 20 yards wide. Heavily used spots yield alot of junk along with good stuff to.just weather your in the mood to dig it. Another thing i found odd is all coins were found on the dry beach i search the water but found none in the water.I think Ive found 8 or 10 spanish at this spot hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back