Pretty Good Estate Sale Box....

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to an estate sale over the past weekend....apparently the owner was moving to a retirement home and his son was liquidating his possessions....as we looked around I found a small cardboard box with what looked like stuff from a desk drawer just thrown randomly into the box. As I began to dig through it, the son came up to me and said he would take 3 dollars for the whole box. Well, I'm not much of a gambler but decided to take a chance...after all, its only 3 dollars and you never know...I kinda like the "unknown" factor.

So my wife found a couple small things as well...we paid and headed home.

When I got home I started emptying my 3 dollar box....letter openers, tape, a magnifying glass, some pens, paperclips, markers and such...oh well......so I get down to the bottom of the box and see a box within the box....I open it up and heres what I see.......

e1.jpg

Is a box with a brand new roll of uncirculated Arkansas State quarters!!! The box has what looks like a presidential seal and says "230 Net Grams United States Legal Tender Coins NEVER CIRCULATED

Ok so now I am excited....lets see what else is in here...next find was this...........

e3.jpg

Its a roll of 12 Presidential Dollars and according to the label Never Circulated. The coins are gold in color and the container is sealed with the paper label...on the flip side is William Henry Harrison...I assume that all 12 coins are different presidents.....pretty cool....heres the back.....

e3a.jpg

Ok so wonder what these little vinyl folders are? I look inside and find these........

e2.jpg

There are 4 vinyl folders, each with an uncirculated 2003 $2 Bill inside....and the last thing is a little blue velvet bag....wonder whats in here.........

e4.jpg

Its what looks like a Walking Liberty Silver dollar!!!! Its dated 2008 and is enclosed in a plastic protector...I turned it over.......

e4a.jpg

It says 1 OZ. Fine Silver - One Dollar

Can't believe my luck....guess it pays to take a chance sometimes.....not bad for a 3 dollar box of junk...Sorry for the long read...thanks for looking.....Shorty

Garage and estate sales are an excellent addition to prospecting after early morning detecting at the beach!

Super Score for a three dollar investment!! Thanks for Sharing!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back