Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with 2 buddies today and we hunted a site where a church was originally built in 1878, it was moved across the street and made into a residence 15 yrs ago. The farmer who owned the lot told us it has been detected many times but we were welcome to give it a shot if we wanted to. Sure glad we did.
ended up with 6 wheaties, 3 indians, buffalo with a date, and mercury dime.

I had a solid 10-36, 09-36 signal on the etrac and I told my buddy hey I think I got an indian here! Cut the plug and much to my surprise it was a buffalo nickel and merc dime sandwiched together. I guess the nickel brought the silver way down. I was pretty happy about that lil spill. You can see on the buffalo how the dime was right against it.

I guess the guys who detected here before weren't using etracs...lol

S6304258-1.jpg

S6304259.jpg

S6304260.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice bunch of finds Terry, guess you will be selling your X-terra 70 now. Since you have the Etrac. I still like my
X-terra 70, works pretty good for me.

HH, Ringfinder

Those are some nice coins is that buff a 3 legged ? Good hunt :icon_thumleft: Dd60

Deepdiger60 said:
Those are some nice coins is that buff a 3 legged ? Good hunt :icon_thumleft: Dd60
nope not my luck he has 4 good ones to stand on :laughing7:

Detectingfreak said:
awesome job on the silver! no video this time?
had my camera, turned it on wouldn't open. Tried new batteries still would not work. Got home turned it on, worked perfect.....figures huh? :dontknow:

Nate in Ohio said:
Nice! Did you hunt where the church was originally built or where it is now?
hunted where church was originally. They only moved church across street. If farmer had not come over and told us, we would have not known it was moved from original location

ringfinder said:
Nice bunch of finds Terry, guess you will be selling your X-terra 70 now. Since you have the Etrac. I still like my
X-terra 70, works pretty good for me.

HH, Ringfinder
no way I am not selling the x-70, I keeping it for a backup, or if friends, family want to detect with me

You got some nice coins :icon_thumright: keep it up. MaineRelic

Nice bunch of finds......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back