worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out with oxbowbarefoot 2 hunts,did 2 solo. Sign on the way in.Very vast place,thousands of acres of farm fields for 370 yrs.+.Jason did rather well I might say,maybe He'll post later. I like the way folks work their sled dogs.A real nice shmorgishborg of items.My favorite is the Cabin,and,I quess charms,and,a couple I'm not sure of. God Bless Chris

Attachments

• imple machine 008.JPG
    imple machine 008.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 113
  • imple machine 007.JPG
    imple machine 007.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 112
  • imple machine 002.JPG
    imple machine 002.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 105
  • imple machine 003.JPG
    imple machine 003.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 111
  • imple machine 013.JPG
    imple machine 013.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 104
  • imple machine 015.JPG
    imple machine 015.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 117
  • imple machine 017.JPG
    imple machine 017.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 114
  • imple machine 012.JPG
    imple machine 012.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 118
  • imple machine 014.JPG
    imple machine 014.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 0 002.JPG
    0 002.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 122
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 107
  • imple machine 011.JPG
    imple machine 011.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 2
Thats a wide range of finds

Nice Finds Chris! I had a blast hunting with you, that is, except for when we were being sand blasted by the wind, lol. Plenty left in those fields if you're up for some more hunting this weekend. I posted my finds this morning. You may be surprised by the last one, it cleaned up nice ;) The cross pendant you found is awesome

Fogot the dogs going away.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 121
Some of the brass is late colonial period. WIDE range here.

Nice Finds Chris! I had a blast hunting with you, that is, except for when we were being sand blasted by the wind, lol. Plenty left in those fields if you're up for some more hunting this weekend. I posted my finds this morning. You may be surprised by the last one, it cleaned up nice ;) The cross pendant you found is awesome
Thanks Jason, Cost 4.99 for a new switch,swapped it out in 5 min.Got them corn rows down to a science dude.As long as it's not freezing I'll go.

Cool finds !

Thanks Jason, Cost 4.99 for a new switch,swapped it out in 5 min.Got them corn rows down to a science dude.As long as it's not freezing I'll go.

I'm in. I know that little hay field has some more silver in it too, got a Barber quarter out of it Sunday morning. Also, the winter rye is coming nicely in some other areas we haven't tried yet. I did a one pass scout and found a bunch of pipe stems and a couple decent buttons. It was just to exposed to the wind at the time to stick it out, so I moved to the edges.

ah - one of my favorite spots - I can almost see where I got stuck one time in the mud in one of your pics (by the last red barn) - as you are heading back and you take that left fork before that last barn - those fields are pretty good - found a few KG coppers over there and some really weird cast bronze fruit type things- if you follow the road to the very end where the ferry crossing was and look across into Hadley - that field directly on the other side is AWESOME.....

ah - one of my favorite spots - I can almost see where I got stuck one time in the mud in one of your pics (by the last red barn) - as you are heading back and you take that left fork before that last barn - those fields are pretty good - found a few KG coppers over there and some really weird cast bronze fruit type things- if you follow the road to the very end where the ferry crossing was and look across into Hadley - that field directly on the other side is AWESOME.....
Thank you kingly Pete. I wish I lived closer,got a gas hog,or else I'd be there everyday,weather permitting,them fields can get you looking like your wearing snowshoes,followed a road today and had to put it in 4X,man what a snot hole!!!

Last edited:

Does the farmer readily allow detectorists? If so, I've got some good permissions in Southampton that produced some amazing finds. Maybe we could work out a little quid-pro-quo. I'm sure Chris wouldn't mind sharing few leads either. It's always fun to meet new hunting partners.

I found my two Spanish Silvers by that little red barn... Not to mention a KGII and two William III half pennies. I love those OLD fields, so many good signals.

EEEK!!! CORN STUBBLE! I have nightmares about them now! ;)

Interesting finds!

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back