717fly

Nov 20, 2013
Middle Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1350 and newly added AT Pro on April 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have 82 acres here in middle Georgia and I was detecting around one of the old home sites yesterday. In the past, I have found a few musket balls and lots of iron, but never much to report on. We have a creek that runs through the property and have found many arrowheads through the years. To my surprise yesterday I found this button about 7" down. Not in the best condition, but I can read the back. The front eagle has an "A" in the middle for Artillery.
Back reads.....
Horstmann Sons & Drucker N.Y.

My research this morning shows that this is the earlier company name from 1845-1849. Before the house was torn down, we found the "newspaper - wallpaper" to read a 1904 date. It's a mess to detect because of all the iron.... But I'm gonna keeping trying to see what I can find.

Attachments

• image-1050288003.jpg
    image-1050288003.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image-118214915.jpg
    image-118214915.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 7
82 acres??? OMG can I come play some day? I live near Atlanta ... Send me a PM if this might be ok with you :)

Really nice find....keep hunting that area. No telling what may pop up.......

Wow! That's a really nice button! I'm down here in south Georgia, seems like one of my detecting buddies has found a couple of buttons similar to yours! nice find!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back