Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind, if any do you use? I personally just put what I find in my pocket, but then again Im just starting out and this will be my first year water detecting the ocean.

Please include a picture or a website that has pictures of your pouch, I'm going to try and take what I feel is the best part of each one and have my mom sew me up one, so any ideas or suggestions let me know, she makes handbags for women so I know she make a finds pouch.

Upvote 0
I have a tesoro and garret heavy material pouches that work great. My tesoro pouch is 5 years old and still holding after thousands of items and trash put in there to be carried out. To me a good pouch is a must .

This is the one I prefer. It has open mesh bottom to let the sand fall out. For $35 it's going to be hard up to beat. Good luck!
http://bit.ly/12GJILB

Last edited:
Hey Fletch88,.....Thats a nice looking pouch, will it connect via a belt?

Roy

Hey Fletch88,.....Thats a nice looking pouch, will it connect via a belt?

Roy

It has a belt sewn to pouch already. I'm starting to use this pouch land hunting also to let dirt fall through and not collect in the bottom of pouch. Also since I can't find my garrett pouch that had a propointer in it.

Kellyco sells one of the best pouches out there Order #64-4984

Due to the hot weather I rigged my gear to a rear mount Excal of the tac vest, it is a camelbak so my bladder is my water supply (no need to carry a water bottle). Inside each inner panel are two zipper mesh pockets and two velcro mesh pockets. Garbage in one treasure in another and two 2 spare. Plenty of expansion for other items.

CAMELBAK DELTA-5 TACTICAL VEST - PoliceLink

This is the one I prefer. It has open mesh bottom to let the sand fall out. For $35 it's going to be hard up to beat. Good luck!
http://bit.ly/12GJILB

That's John West Florida who makes and sells those, worth every penny.... I forgot my pouch the last 3 day trip to the beach, talk about being without your best friend....I need to get another as a backup...

OBN is right about that pouch!

it's the best I have seen just about everybody I run into at the beach is using it :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
That's John West Florida who makes and sells those, worth every penny.... I forgot my pouch the last 3 day trip to the beach, talk about being without your best friend....I need to get another as a backup...

Walmart camping section. 6 dollars. Belt pouch.

I use one from kellyco. Really nice has a big compartment inside for trash with a hidden pouch for your jewelry. And a zipped pouch outside I use for coins its heavy duty mesh. Been using it for about 6 years no problems.

Thanks everyone for your input, I got some good ideas on a design for a pouch.
I will try to get a prototype made up soon and post some pictures

I sewed two belt loops onto a Crown Royal bag...it works for me!

What kind, if any do you use? I personally just put what I find in my pocket, but then again Im just starting out and this will be my first year water detecting the ocean.

Please include a picture or a website that has pictures of your pouch, I'm going to try and take what I feel is the best part of each one and have my mom sew me up one, so any ideas or suggestions let me know, she makes handbags for women so I know she make a finds pouch.
What are you doing with all the trash you dig? Most of us pick up and remove all the rusty nails, wire, bottle caps etc so we don't have to dig them again next time. I use a simple canvas nail apron available at any hardware store for a few dollars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back