Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to an ampitheater in town today following a 2 day concert/festival. Somebody had already hunted it judging by the (massive, and poorly dug) holes that were starting to die off. I did okay though: 12Q, 13D, 2N, 24P, and my neighbor came away with about half that much (he was using an XLT, so that made me feel good about my Ace 250). I also learned a few things:

1. In a setting like this, look towards the back of the lawn where people would be setting, rather than up near the stage where people were more likely to be standing. I found almost all of my quarters this way.

2. Probe shallow stuff. I used a flat screwdriver and it worked great. Saved me a lot of digging time and didn't do much to the sod like digging would have since the coins were basically tangled up in the roots of the grass.

3. Keep your eyes open. I found probably 1/4 of that sitting right on top of the grass before my detector even scanned it.

It was a good night, but my goal for this summer is to find either an IH penny or some kind of silver coin. I don't even care what at this point. My neighbor says our street is full of IHs, so I'll start there...

Upvote 0
Good deal, and good luck!

H

Lonewolfe

anyone living in new york would be wise to check out the area where the 1994 woodstock was held....it started raining on friday, on into saturday........many peoples campsites were flooded out, thousands of people left everything they had brought including tents, clothes, lost wallets, you name it.......when the actual concert started at least 1000 tents were crushed into the ground as the people rushed the stage.......by the time it was over, well over half the people there had deserted all their belongings and went home to get out of the rain, and away from the wild ass people that were running crazy on acid, shrooms, ecstacy and such....slam dancing in mud 2 feet deep, and too wasted to find your own tent..............no telling what would bee on this property..............i know part of my brain is there somewhere..................gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back