Possibly chinese pottery ?

TopHatPenguin

Feb 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not exactly pottery savy, basically found these in an old room of my grandads. I know nothing of their backstory or we how we even came into possession of them either.
WP_20160210_013.jpg
WP_20160210_012.jpg
The one on the right is the one with the makers mark below.The makers mark above is for the pottery piece on the left, on a side note both pottery pieces have the same design just one goes clockwise around the pottery piece and the other goes anti-clockwise.
WP_20160210_010.jpg
This apparently says "Chenghua years"

More general pictures:
WP_20160210_011.jpg
WP_20160210_009.jpg

One of the reasons i'm posting this is just to generally know if it's a forgery or if it's genuine.
I'll fill this out with mote detail when Im' back.

Last edited:
Look Chinese to me. The Chinese can be real good at making new ceramics in the style of very old pieces and I can generally spot those as they import ship loads of that around the world to sell out of import stores like Hobby Lobby and Pier 1 imports. Though your 2nd pic has way to much clutter in the photo and won't zoom in well enough, I do think you may possibly have a couple of true antique pieces. You should have a person who is knowledgeable in these kind of things look at these in person. They may even be Japanese for all I can see. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
Look Chinese to me. The Chinese can be real good at making new ceramics in the style of very old pieces and I can generally spot those as they import ship loads of that around the world to sell out of import stores like Hobby Lobby and Pier 1 imports. Though your 2nd pic has way to much clutter in the photo and won't zoom in well enough, I do think you may possibly have a couple of true antique pieces. You should have a person who is knowledgeable in these kind of things look at these in person. They may even be Japanese for all I can see. :dontknow:

Thanks for the advice, i'll try that I think but it would still be nice if any other members of the community had any ideas about these pottery pieces.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back