Possible Texas Rangers Rosette?

ALAMOTX

Apr 2, 2008
I found this item in a town from 1852.

I belong to the San Antonio Metal Detectors Club and i brought this to the annual Texas Treasure Show in Longview this past March and someone there had one just like mine but smaller and the star was different. He told me the star on mine was more from the Republic of Texas time period and could of been from the Texas Rangers.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 279
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 273
Looks to be pewter and early. I'm not sure if it is Texas related but it is a cool piece.

Upvote 0
looks like it fits on a book corner * to keep them neat --some books were made with metal corner covers made into them -- normally costly or special books -- that is a early style texas star type of design -- weither its related ? who knows

Upvote 0
First let me say, that is a very nice find. Couch has one shown in his book and he call it a rosette, possible belonging to the Texas Rangers. I have also heard it speculated that it might go on a saddle blanket. Either way, if you don't want it, I sure do. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Not sure of the size,but it might have been on the end of a belt and some western shirts had metal rosettes on the collar ends.Nice find!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back