possible military thingy???

sfox87

May 21, 2013
northwest CT
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! I went out to a bottle dump today and found this object. It has an eagle on it and says Troy NY Oct. 9.1909. I found it on the surface next to a military button that says Evans & Co No. Attleboro Mass. I don't know what it is but i think it is military. If anybody knows what it is, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking, Sarah.

photo (56).JPGphoto (60).JPGphoto (59).JPG

The button is a US Army "Great Seal" button for enlisted-men's ranks (private, corporal, sergeant) -- officer's buttons were goldplated. That type was first adopted in 1902, and is still in service today. The 1902-1910 version did not have the raised rim seen on yours. The "black-finish" on yours dates it from World War One to 1923.

Upvote 0
sorry, i have no information for you, just seeing if my account will let me reply because it's not letting me post a new subject for whatever reason

Upvote 0
The button is a US Army "Great Seal" button for enlisted-men's ranks (private, corporal, sergeant) -- officer's buttons were goldplated. That type was first adopted in 1902, and is still in service today. The 1902-1910 version did not have the raised rim seen on yours. The "black-finish" on yours dates it from World War One to 1923.

Thanks, i thought it was from WW1 but i wasn't sure

Upvote 0
Real cool finds and nice ID's. HH. C9

Upvote 0
sorry, i have no information for you, just seeing if my account will let me reply because it's not letting me post a new subject for whatever reason

Not sure what was going on with your account Jimmi :icon_scratch: it was treating you as a Spammer :(

Have no fear though, IF You continue to have problems, Send me a PM.

Jeff

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back