Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this at vacant lot that used to have a home from the late 1800's. It is thinner than a coin, and seems to be copper, bronze, or brass. There is the remains of a tab at 12 o'clock, and the reverse is not upside-down to the front, as is the case with coins and tokens.

20170612_203147.jpg
20170612_203202.jpg

Notice that the eagle faces right. Not sure what that means, if anything, but it does generally seem to face left.

Bigcypresshunter is correct. I think they are pretty rare. The tab at 12 'o clock would have been a loop or attachment, I believe to use as a watch fob. Not positive on that.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I knew what it was. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/185567-id-old-coin-medallion.html

Mark Parker Ided one in Western and Eastern Treasure Magazine years ago. I think his column was called "Ask Parker"

MORE ON THE RADIANT AMERICAN EAGLE GAMING COUNTER

Yes, I found that yesterday after you provided me with a term that I could actually search on. That was very helpful.

It does seem to me, though, that the values stated in that article may have been pre-eBay. I'm seeing ones that have been sold there for a fraction of that price.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back