Possible coin ID

Up_is_Down

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2024
The udders of Maine
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / Duct Tape
Tried posting this in the "What is it" forum, but it was removed.

Wondering if anyone on here has any idea what this coin is that I recently found? I assumed it is a coin, but not 100% certain. It rang up as a 19/20 on a Minelab Equinox 800 and appears to be copper.

The pictures with the side light show what is going on the best while the image with the Roosevelt dime is for size comparison.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• obverse.jpg
    obverse.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • reverse.jpg
    reverse.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • size comparison.jpg
    size comparison.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 35
Was the coin found buried in Maine?
Don in SoCal
Yes it was...just a bit bizarre though since I found it in my front yard and usually I am detecting specific areas with known colonial history (like around cellar holes / areas shown to be worked on Lidar). My property is in a region with known history from the early 1600's but my house is on previously undeveloped land and was built in '74. Not impossible but definitely has me wondering what this is.

yes i was looking for my brothers class ring in my dads front yard the house we grow up in and found a 1774 spanish silver 3 feet from the front door.the lot was cleared and house was built in 1972.that lot could have been cleared 3 or four times by the 1600's.You just never know what use to be there. I hope it turn out to be old roman coin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back