• 20230406_134641.jpg
    20230406_134641.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 20230406_134315.jpg
    20230406_134315.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Nice. I see a man with a crown. Guessing someone on here will recognize it. Most likely one our UK members.

The image is similar to the king's image on many Byzantine coins. The king is holding a jeweled sceptre in his right hand and a orb topped with a cross in his left hand. I'll quickly add it's not a Byzantine coin.
Don...
PS: The globus cruciger (Latin for 'cross-bearing orb'), also known as "the orb and cross", is an orb surmounted by a cross. It has been a Christian symbol of authority since the Middle Ages, used on coins, in iconography, and with a sceptre as royal regalia--per Wiki.

Last edited:
The image is similar to the king's image on many Byzantine coins. The king is holding a jeweled sceptre in his right hand and a orb topped with a cross in his left hand. I'll quickly add it's not a Byzantine coin.
Don...
PS: The globus cruciger (Latin for 'cross-bearing orb'), also known as "the orb and cross", is an orb surmounted by a cross. It has been a Christian symbol of authority since the Middle Ages, used on coins, in iconography, and with a sceptre as royal regalia--per Wiki.
Anyway to roughly date it

Clearly an imitation coin Button. No idea what coin its imitating (& might just be fantasy) because the start of the Obverse description where the Kings name would be makes no sense ''AOECAR''.
Dating is tough, coin buttons & imitation types have been around since late Georgian period, although the metal type look more early 1900s to me.

I think it's a button but nothing that I've seen looks like Latin possibly old anyone help me I'd this. Anyway to roughly date it and who would of wore it ThankS kent
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back