Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Posting this for one on my buddie's at work,His daughter "eyeballed" this at the playground a couple day's ago.I told him I would clean it up and post it for him today,but I'm finding different version's....Definetley silver about the size of a Morgan.Just wondering if anyone can point me to a site or has any info on this particular coin...Date it was minted?,anything would be greatly appreciated....Thank's....

Attachments

• P4120001.JPG
    P4120001.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 179
  • P4120002.JPG
    P4120002.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 190
I believe it's a souvenir token from the Vatican.It would of been issued with the souvenir 5 coin set in a red coin holder.

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
diggummup said:
I believe it's a souvenir token from the Vatican.It would of been issued with the souvenir 5 coin set in a red coin holder.

I agree... either in an uncirulated coin set or as a seperate souvenir. It's a circa. 1980... and I'm hoping there is a Catholic ot two out there that can verify the date.

Upvote 0
diggummup said:
I just found this.It may be the same one, it's hard to see the details-http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vatican-Issue-Pope-John-Paul-ll-1979-Coin-Set-BU_W0QQitemZ190102337703QQihZ009QQcategoryZ39480QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
At second glance it doesn't look like it's exactly the same but I still believe this is what you have only a different year.
Hey thank's diggum'....I have already seen this set and some other's like it,just can't seem to locate this particular coin...I appreciate the help though,guess I'll keep searching.Thank's again.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I found the same thing in a pendant... not a coin.
Hey Jim...Me too....I appreciate your time though....Thank's.Most of them I found are just a slight variation of some sort..Still searching..

Upvote 0
World Coins; Pope John Paul 2,1979 to 2000, your coin is Souvenir not a money coin.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back