Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this pocket knife yesterday with the AT Pro, around 10 inches deep, so she was down there. Detected her at a church yard I have permission for.

Notice the shape of the badge on the first (TOP) pic. I saw a similar shaped badge on a Case pocket knife when I did a google search. Not all case brand knives have that same shaped badge.

Any ideas on the brand and/or age?

I know I need to clean it better, but just have not had the time (or energy). any help would be appreciated.

kinfe-front.jpg

knife-side.jpg

kinfe-back.jpg

Last edited:
Several companies back then used the same shield. Almost looks like a trapper style knife. When you clean it a little more look for serial number or company on the blade

Upvote 0
Several companies back then used the same shield. Almost looks like a trapper style knife. When you clean it a little more look for serial number or company on the blade

prob soak it in vinegar once i get more. too lazy to do any real scrubbing. lol.

Upvote 0
I was thinking imperial as well but I've got two that I can think of right off the top of my head that have the same shield. Knives back then we're made by different companies with the same build just different name. I have a old sears and roebuck .410 thats an identical match to a Stevens .410 but named sears and roebuck.

Upvote 0
I was thinking imperial as well but I've got two that I can think of right off the top of my head that have the same shield. Knives back then we're made by different companies with the same build just different name. I have a old sears and roebuck .410 thats an identical match to a Stevens .410 but named sears and roebuck.

how old are we talking? yes, the trick to this knife is the SHAPE and the BADGE. even if several companies made the same badge, if i can find a knife with the same shape and badge, i'd prob be in business. what is the easy way to clean this thing? be nice to clean it for the relic shelf.

Upvote 0
not sure, thought it would be all about the badge, but civil_war22 says many brands used same brand. that makes it darn near impossible, esp in this condition. this knife was in a DEEP hole.

Upvote 0
I think you are looking between 1922 - 1935 on the knife. Just an educated guess. :occasion14:

Upvote 0
I think you are looking between 1922 - 1935 on the knife. Just an educated guess. :occasion14:

wow, any particular reason for the date range? or, just an educated guess? i will take that date range! :dontknow:

Upvote 0
how old are we talking? yes, the trick to this knife is the SHAPE and the BADGE. even if several companies made the same badge, if i can find a knife with the same shape and badge, i'd prob be in business. what is the easy way to clean this thing? be nice to clean it for the relic shelf.

I'd try electrolysis or just put it in vinegar. If you do either one youre going to want to coat the blade with something afterwards so it doesn't turn into red rust again. Terry is right possibly around the 20's or 30's.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'd try electrolysis or just put it in vinegar. If you do either one youre going to want to coat the blade with something afterwards so it doesn't turn into red rust again. Terry is right possibly around the 20's or 30's.

get more vinegar next week and soak it for a few days. it is really corroded so i am not expecting mircles. you can tell the wood handles already deteriorated. all that is left are the parts that are metal/steel like the badge.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back