Plowed fields and rain lead o lots of neat pottery

JohnDee1

Jul 28, 2018
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just about exhausted my main detecting IMG_4567.JPG site, but there is still plenty of pottery. After the the plow and rain, and I find a good bit. Shards are atleast antebellum, with somer perhaps at the oldest being near the end of the 18th century. Hallmark present on one too.

Upvote 13
I have bags of shards like that from some of my favorite plowed field sites

Nice pieces. A few are delft, and mid 18th century. You also have some slipware in there and late 18th century Leeds feather edge. The one on the left top is newest, 1st half of the 19th century.

I like to make mosaics and display them. Oops its sideways.....you get the idea !

Attachments

• 20200413_232341.jpg
    20200413_232341.jpg
    697 KB · Views: 48
Very nice indeed. Never know when coin will pop up.....keep up on the search.

Thanks for the replies ya'll. That mosaic is an interesting idea. Mr. smokeythecat if you don't mind me asking, which ones do you think are delft? Thanks!

I like to make mosaics and display them. Oops its sideways.....you get the idea !
Great idea. I've been watching videos on youtube recently where they make tables with an epoxy to fill in gaps or encase something cool within the tabletop. an old live edge slab of wood with a top covered in pottery sherds and then covered with a clear epoxy would make a great piece of furniture for an old farmhouse. Creskol said the same thing in an earlier post. I definitely agree.... O.P. … nice finds. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice pottery finds! I love filling up the bag with very cool pottery! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back