Please measure your baffle to help me make one for a highbanker! :)

uoduck08

Jul 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

I recently purchased a 3" keene highbanker/ dredge and I would like to add a baffle under the hopper. Since this unit does not come with one originally I am curious what material is usually used to make baffles? I am thinking of using a 1/4" EPDM rubber mat but I am curious how thick the mats that generally come with a dredge is. If someone with a stock baffle could measure the thickness I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

1/8 to 3/16 would be plenty thick. the 1/4 you are thinking of will be to thick / heavy. If its to thick or heavey it will slow the bigger rocks down and jam up the system. plus the damper is for flattening out the water and force the air bubbles out to help the fine gold drop .

Thank you Rassau,
I am glad I asked, I appreciate you explaining why. Do you think the EPDM rubber would be a good material to use? I did a little research and it's what the Gold Hog mats are made from, so it seems like it would be great for this.

Thanks again,
Erik

I have the Gold Hog matts and I think the material they use for them will be to stiff to easily allow rocks to move underneath them. I think they aren't flexible enough. I had a pile of old rubber sheeting that I used and it worked fine for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back