Please help

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20160605_175410.jpg20160605_175358_001.jpg20160605_174957.jpg I know this is the second post but I can't find the first one I got the measurements on it I dug this up the other at the park that was the Civil War fort and the farm for the mentel patients during the 1920s to 1960s

I know you are new here and I understand wanting to know what things are.
But really, that is just a common iron/steel piece of metal that could have been anything.
It has absolutely no value and could be 20 years old

Upvote 0
To me it looks like a joiner plate from a railroad track.

Upvote 0
I know you are new here and I understand wanting to know what things are.

new? she's been here a year. nothing wrong with adding some knowledge whenever possible. looks like part of a hinge to me, but I could be way off

Upvote 0
hey a 2X5 iron plate with two holes - if you can add knowledge about that have at it

Upvote 0
Why I am so interested about it is because of the cool history of the park is going metel decteing at

Upvote 0
Maybe you are right i am new at metel decteing like I said why I am so interested about the random things I find is because of the park where I hunt at stilicome is the oldest town in the state of wa ��

Upvote 0
Just keep posting, don't get thin skinned, some members will tease or gripe but there are a lot of us that will try and help if it looks like something we know.I know I would do same thing if I had a park with history because I would hate to throw away something with HISTORICAL significance.

Upvote 0
Ally, I've been a welder/ fabricator/ machinist for 40+ years, that piece could be nearly anything from a truck spring shackle to a brace from a swing set. It doesn't matter if you can't figure it out, the point is YOU found it and it spurs you on in your voyage of discovery ( aint I poetic ? ) never stop searching, and don't stop POSTING. !!! If we can't figure out what you found, that's just egg on our faces and a star for you. Cheers !

Upvote 0
I'll add another guess.......spring shackle plate.

Upvote 0
You can always find the threads you started by going to your profile, there is link there on left side below your profile picture that says "threads Started"..

Your other thread on this is on the "Today's Finds" forum..........

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back