Please help... Yesterday's finds..Indian wars area

jagdpolizei

Nov 26, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello all...'asking for help from members with the experience and detailed eye on 2 object found yesterday in IW fort area. The first item is approx 1" long x 1/2" wide and swivels around and center connecting rivet. The end with the turned lip looks to have a small trace of leather within the lipand appears to have 2 stich holes on both sides of turned lip (similar to way in which the brass bayonet scabbard tips were sewn to the leather scabbard.
The other item is approx. 2 1/2" tall by 2" wide. It has a hallmark of 'DS' in Old English script within a diamond which is within a circle. The material appears to be copper or brass metal with iron pins and center gear pin. The gear center pin suggests it might be part of a clock, but is a wild guess. If someone knows for sure, I would love to research to determine age and years within which it was in area.
The last photo show the items I found yesterday . I am assuming the round disc with fine holes about the circumference (bottom right of display) is from a lantern wick holder base? I would appreciate confirmAtion of this as well.
In advance, I really appreciate any help. You members of this site are of such great value to us less experienced diggers. I cannot tell you how many times this site has helped me from previous archived questions.
Have a great day

pretty sure the square-ish thing is part of a clock. the other thing looks like maybe part of a set of points

Upvote 0
pretty sure the square-ish thing is part of a clock. the other thing looks like maybe part of a set of points

Would earlier set of points have any leather as part of construction? If you look at the item on edge profile, you can see what appears to be leather within the folded over flap of metal. It also appears to have stitching on both sides to secure this 'Leather'..... I'm just guessing it to be leather
Thanks for your help and interest

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back