Please help with these beautiful monster spears or blades.

ROCKateer

Aug 3, 2013
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
Pictures are not clear enough to blow up and check. Be extremely careful buying points at pawn shops, flea markets and thrift stores as that is where most fakes are sold...

North American native Americans from the United States of American Indians

The price on the two large blades should tell you something. Since you are an avid collector you should know that if these two blades were real they would be worth much more. Don't waste your money on them.

Rockateer, please post by our rules.

The one on the right looks like a Sloan Dalton and if real and that large would bring a lot more than $125, which is half the asking price for both. I would be afraid of either unless I had someone look at them. More than likely repros.

All I can say from the photo is that those stickers sure do look new and that the frame of points look like some real one's with some not so real one's. They have $20 for a runoff the mill point so for a killer they would be asking much more. JMO !!!!!!!

Man there is allot of different point types in the Eastern Central states. This is the closest I could find to the one on the left? 020.JPG021.JPG If they are authentic that is a steel. Like mentioned above, seems to good to be true. Only way to find out would be to have a expert look at them first, or just take a big gamble on them .

Id use a loop on them to check the flaking and also the color just to get a better idea before dropping the $ on them. I know lots do fake the stain so flip on coin on that. It would be a 50/50 split for me. The dark one I would look at the white specks a bit closer with the loop also hold the lighted section under the stone and look down on it to see if there is any inclusions that dont look normal in them. The light should help clear up a lot. Most antique shops that I have seen lately will have lots of repros in them but will try to sell as real. I have better luck in pawn shops but do see some fakes also once in a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back