Please Help me identify this old ring

iLLweezi

Mar 27, 2011
Hi all.. I have been a longtime follower of treasurenet, its been awhile since I been on here...so long I forgot my old username.. Anyways, down to the issue. I have have this ring for about 4 or 5 years. I pulled it out today and cleaned it up and noticed that the stones and the settings are actually real. The 2 questions that I cannot answer yet are... #1 What is the medal type? Im thinking that it is silver but the medal is really soft in places and thought that it could be white gold, maybe.. I did a magnet test on it just to make sure and there was pretty much no pull. #2, Is this ring antique or of real value? There is a stamp on the inside of the ring, but I cant make it out. There is no numbers, just a symbol. I looked through the net and havent found anything for sure. There were a total of 29 stones in the ring.. And lastly, the reason im writing this really, the two birds. One on each side with a stone enclosed in a circle above the head. The appear to be eagle like but im not sure.
Anyways, thanks to everyone who stops in to read this, and I will appriciate any help the community can offer..

Attachments

• 2011-03-27 21.58.06.jpg
    2011-03-27 21.58.06.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 2011-03-27 21.56.15.jpg
    2011-03-27 21.56.15.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 698
I'm sure that if you took it to a reputable jeweler he would be able to identify the stones as well as the metal used and possibly identify the mark that you say is inside.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I been wanting to... But the Best Jewelry and Precious metal place where I live, is owned by my ex-wife's uncle :)... I'm meeting a guy Tuesday afternoon to sell him some scrap silver and gold, and he supposed to look at it for me. He should know well enough, the he paying 80% value for precious metals.. My ex's uncles place only pays 55%, the place in the mall about 50%, and the pawn shops around here only pay around 40 - 45% value. I'll find out what this guy can tell me and then post another update. I'm really curious about this ring cause it kinda reminds me of the Shriners or Masons, and maybe a little of old Germany. I been trying to find engravings like the birds on the side but haven't had no luck yet.

Upvote 0
Well, that's all good. My advice, however, is to have the ring ID'd by a proper jeweler. I'm no expert but, the stones look like they could be old rose-cut diamonds. A lot of times the antique value of a piece is worth far more than just the scrap value. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
I made a trip to a pawn shop today and took this along with me.. They said that it is definately silver, but I don't know what the mix is. We took a long at it with a gem magnifing glass and there is no numbers in that stamp. I also did look at the stones, and from what i can tell most of them do look like some rose cuts i have seen before. Also noticed that the centerpiece that holds the larger diamond can come out. I gotta go see and actual precious metals guy tomorrow so im hoping maybe he can tell me something about it, or point me in the right direction.

Upvote 0
If that is an eagle and the circle above it resembles a globe,then it means power and great strength...without the hallmark its really hard to identify...similiar rings were especially made for bikers

Upvote 0
If the ring is Silver, you might be able to find the makers mark (which you showed in a pic) at a web site called 925-1000.com

There they list a large number of marks from silver makers around the world. Judging from the design, I would say the ring is NOT German because after 1887 the hallmark had to contain a crescent moon to indicate the purity of the silver. My best guess is that the ring comes from Hungary.

Best of luck finding the answer to your mystery.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back