IMG_0523.jpeg
    657.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0524.jpeg
    IMG_0524.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0517.jpeg
    IMG_0517.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 66
I found this earlier this year & can not figure out what it is or was...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum GENERAL DISCUSSION contains a wide variety of topics, including, treasure hunting, metal detecting, prospecting, relic hunting - even antique hunting. A great place to meet other treasure hunters!

Upvote 0
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum GENERAL DISCUSSION contains a wide variety of topics, including, treasure hunting, metal detecting, prospecting, relic hunting - even antique hunting. A great place to meet other treasure hunters!
Thanks you

Upvote 1
My first thought was an enameled hair clip.
My buddy thought it could be also, but it’s so heavy. Would have a hard time staying in your hair. Could it have been a broach / pin? Just missing the end portions where the clasp & pin would be. I also found a US military button not far from it.
I really have no idea.
Sure wish the enamel paint would have help up better & I was super careful cleaning it to make sure not to knock off any more paint.

Upvote 1
My buddy thought it could be also, but it’s so heavy. Would have a hard time staying in your hair. Could it have been a broach / pin? Just missing the end portions where the clasp & pin would be. I also found a US military button not far from it.
I really have no idea.
Sure wish the enamel paint would have held up better & I was super careful cleaning it to make sure not to knock off any more paint.

Upvote 0
Neat decorative piece. On pic -523 the edges look slightly beveled/rounded. Could your find be a lid to a small box? Also, is the area outlined in yellow on the attachment filled with dirt? If so, and after cleaning that area is hollow, that might also support the lid idea. Because it is an eye catcher - it was meant to be seen. I think a brooch is another good thing to keep looking into and possibly part of a sash buckle...

Attachments

• Possible lid.jpg
    Possible lid.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
Neat decorative piece. On pic -523 the edges look slightly beveled/rounded. Could your find be a lid to a small box? Also, is the area outlined in yellow on the attachment filled with dirt? If so, and after cleaning that area is hollow, that might also support the lid idea. Because it is an eye catcher - it was meant to be seen. I think a brooch is another good thing to keep looking into and possibly part of a sash buckle...
Yeah, that would be cool if it was a lid to a small box. It was meant to be seen & was a statement piece.
I’m kinda leaning more to some type of brooch. I sure wish the colors help up better. The back center piece does look to be have been broke (I believe).
Was really hoping someone would be like “this is exactly what it is with a pic of it …lol.

The yard that is no longer there was from the 1930-40’s so not extremely old. I did find some really cool relics that day.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back