please help identify

daniel412

Nov 21, 2014
cleveland,tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nn.jpgnn2.jpg

front and back picture. i think its made of silver and its the size of a silver dollar but is bowl shaped. i found it in east tennessee and have been trying to find out what it could be. its very detailed. thank you

Something to get an exact idea of the size always helps. Take a pic with a quarter beside it or something. Bowl shaped with a design on one side immediately makes me think of the back of a pocket watch. And welcome from up in Greene County.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmmm... The image looks like a Dutch genre silver spoon bowl. So much detail on the front yet so poorly cast on the back. The notch is where the handle broke off.

windmgrp2bwl3det.jpg

Maybe someone made a copy at home from coin silver? High school shop class project?

:dontknow:

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Hmmm... The image looks like a Dutch genre silver spoon bowl. So much detail on the front yet so poorly cast on the back. The notch is where the handle broke off.

View attachment 1082285

Maybe someone made a copy at home from coin silver? High school shop class project?

:dontknow:

DCMatt
Now that you mentioned this and I look back at the pics it does seem like the picture is on the inside of the cupped part rather than the outside as would be the case with a pocket watch. We need the op to come back with more details.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back