✅ SOLVED Please Help Identify: Vintage John Deere Printing Plate

drewola

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a printing plate of john Deere. from what i can see it says SAVE MORE GRAIN... SLICE HARVEST COSTS. Its an advertisement for the John Deere 12A Combine. I looked it up and it was made in 1939. I cant read the rest of the plate. I am wanting help identifying this, pictures of it, and web site references and of course value. any help is appreciated. thank you.

Attachments

• Scan_Doc0002.pdf
    452.5 KB · Views: 65
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I mirror'd it for you drewola.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

Attachments

• john deere.jpg
    john deere.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 143
  • john deere2.jpg
    john deere2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 124
  • john deere 3.jpg
    john deere 3.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The John Deere logo is one of the coolest old logos I know of. I'd love to have a baseball cap with it... :-)

Upvote 0
if you search google imgs with.....vintage advertisement printing plates value......
you can get an idea of plates value,i think john deere items are collectible,i didnt see one
here is a plate with a sig and going for 30$,maybe the artist isnt very collectible,or it depends
on what a buyer is looking for
Rare Antique Lead Printing Plate Printing by BrandosFunkyFinds

Upvote 0
Thank you bigcypresshunter. Mine must be the original 1939 version because it doesn't have the phrase, "order now! Be first in line for 49."
But everything else is the same. I don't know how you found that cause I still can't. Now if I could find the actual plates online
that would be awesome! Hint, hint... :-)

Upvote 0
Thank you bigcypresshunter. Mine must be the original 1939 version because it doesn't have the phrase, "order now! Be first in line for 49."
But everything else is the same. I don't know how you found that cause I still can't. Now if I could find the actual plates online
that would be awesome! Hint, hint... :-)
That just happens to be where I cropped it. Yours could be any year between 39-49 or maybe later. Click on the link it actually has more underneath plus an address so apparently a business could add their own advertisements underneath. They may have used the same John Deere advertisement for years. I believe these were hand sketched by artists so there are slight variations even in the same year..

Attachments

• john deere4.jpg
    john deere4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 119
  • john deere 3.jpg
    john deere 3.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's it! That's what mine says at the bottom. Your awesome! I spent 9 hours searching and couldn't find anything! Thank you!

Upvote 0
I think the writing underneath is the stores personal information and separate from the advertising plate

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back