✅ SOLVED Please help identify this SOLAR branded item. Thanks.

Alan Payne

Jan 3, 2018
Interlachen, Fl
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350 Garrett ; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this thing some time ago. Just now asking for help. It looks turn of the Century to me C. 1910 maybe. It has the word SOLAR on it. I was thinking bridal rosette, automobile hubcap, top or lid to coffee pot. Something along those lines, but haven’t been able to find one in cyberspace. It looks to possibly have had an iron back with possibly some sort of fiberboard also. Thanks for any help.
IMG_0502.jpeg
IMG_0500.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg

Last edited:
It is the top of a "solar" brand carbide / acetylene lamp. They were available ca. 1900 - 1910 with different brackets to mount on cars, bicycles, motorcycles and even a handle which allowed them to be carried by hand like a flashlight. If you do an internet image search for "Solar carbide lamp" you will find complete examples.

Last edited:
Upvote 5
It is the top of a "solar" brand carbide / acetylene lamp. They were available ca. 1900 - 1910 with different brackets to mount on cars, bicycles, motorcycles and even a handle which allowed them to be carried by hand like a flashlight. If you do an internet image search for "Solar carbide lamp" you will find complete examples.
Thanks BAW, that was quick and spot on.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back