PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS COIN....

Carlajogden

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2016
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is gold in color. I looked it up online and the only thing I found close to it is a 1712 8 escudos cob except there are a couple small differences. the ones online have a cross on the front that have two castles and two lions in each corner of the cross, mine have what appears to be the letters DP in two corners and a picture (i cant tell what they are) in the other two corners. Also on the back of the coin the ones online have the letter V under the 8 and mine has the letter P. WIN_20160611_204828.JPGWIN_20160611_204857.JPGWIN_20160611_204828.JPGWIN_20160611_204857.JPG

Hi; I can tell you that if that is a real 8 Escudo (Doubloon). It will start at $40,000 and go up from there especially in the condition yours is in. Have it Certified by PCGS. Let us know. If that is an 8 Escudo I hereby vote BANNER.!!!! All day long. Congrats. PEACE:RONB

Can you please Post clearer pictures of the Front and back. Those pictures are vague ok. Thanks.

Upvote 0
are you saying that you found this? where and how?

Upvote 0
I would not vote till I hear the story, she has said nothing about where it came from
if she bought it on ebay do you still vote banner?

Upvote 0
I found a website that shows all of the known designs of 8 Escudo coins sorted by country and didn't see a match. Either it isn't original or it's not an 8 Escudo. Me? I ain't got a clue!!

But it IS cool-looking! :thumbsup:

As for Banner....not nearly yet. ...Seems there are some rules concerning new members and Banners, but can't find them offhand. Was thinking someone had to have 10 posts or something like that.

Upvote 0
I have a box that I kept stuff from when I was a kid, I was going thru it Friday and found it but have no memory of putting it in there. My dad was in the army and my uncle was in the navy so I'm guessing one of them may have givin if to me. I do believe it is not real but my husband disagrees so I wanted more opinions. thank you.

Upvote 0
I was finally able to read the edge of the "coin" and looked it up. It is a game piece for the dread pirate game. I have never heard of nor played this game so I have no clue how it got into my box but I now know I can throw it away lol. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back