✅ SOLVED Please help identify this coin

peggyann

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[A 566-1.jpeg566-1.jpeg566-1.jpegTTACH=CONFIG]1172241[/ATTACH]

Someone said maybe Chinese or Korean cash coin? But how would I identity which?

Upvote 0
Chinese Cash/cache/Cast Coin

excerpt from link inluded here:
There are to many combinations of mint marks, demonminations, sizes, etc, to even begin to include them all on this site, so they have only provided the selection to show how the denominations are indicated via the top and bottom character on the reverse. THIS SECTION IS JUST BEING BUILT SO NOT ALL OF THE DENOMINATIONS ARE YET SHOWN. Extensive listings of this series can be round in the Krause Standard Catalogue of World Coins (19th century Volume) or CAST CHINESE COINS by David Hartill.

Local imitations of Hsien-Feng

Throughout the Chinese series there are found local imitations of Chinese coins. In some cases these coins are simply counterfeits meant to be spent alongside the official government issues. In other cases these are local coinages from other parts of southeast Asia (i.e. Sumatra) which copy Chinese issues, but were not meant to fool anyone. Unfortunately it is often difficult to tell which type one is dealing with.

http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#images of titles

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are not bus tokens, its a cash coin, more than likely Chinese. Jeff's link is a good starting point for further ID.

Upvote 0
I think it is Chinese too!

Upvote 0
Sorry didn't mean to double post...just getting started at this. The backside has nothing on it.I thought it should have something on the back as well. I really don't think it is a bus token as we don't have buses here. Dont think we ever did....But have found a mercury dime , a 1944 1/2 dollar,and several shotgun shell brass from the 1880s thru 1908 all in the same vacenity.thank you all for your help with this.I will check out that site now.

Upvote 0
not all cash coins have symbols on both sides .

Upvote 0
I WAS JUST WONDERING HAS ANYBODY EVER TRIED TO PUT A ROUND PEG IN A SQUARE HOLE,CORNFUSSIAUS SAY CHINESE COIN,VANZUTPHEN

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back