IMG_6552.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6553.jpeg
    IMG_6553.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6554.jpeg
    IMG_6554.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Very nice. I can’t read the rest of the characters but the six zhuanshu (seal script) characters on the bottom are read in this order, and are for the Da Qing dynasty, Qianlong reign period (1736-1795).

Qianlong.jpg

As far as I can tell, the pot looks to be authentic for the period, although it could be a later 19th Century piece with reproduction marks. Reproduction marks weren’t intended to deceive, but were regarded as an integral part of the artistry when a piece was copied at a later time.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Very nice. I can’t read the rest of the characters but the six zhuanshu (seal script) characters on the bottom are read in this order, and are for the Da Qing dynasty, Qianlong reign period (1736-1795).

View attachment 2113336

As far as I can tell, the pot looks to be authentic for the period, although it could be a later 19th Century piece with reproduction marks. Reproduction marks weren’t intended to deceive, but were regarded as an integral part of the artistry when a piece was copied at a later time.
Thank you for your help. Exciting to know it’s an older piece. Again thank you.

Upvote 0
Very nice piece. Written on the outside is 《岳阳楼记》《岳陽樓記》 (Yue yang lou ji). In English "On Yueyang tower" or "Memorial to Yueyang Tower". It's an essay written by Song dynasty minister and poet 范仲淹 Fan Zhong Yan in 1045AD (1045CE).

I can't find an english translation but here is the wiki about the tower

Here are two sites with the essay

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back