Please Help ID This Button!!

CoinShooter23

Nov 30, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a beach/park site that also produced many coins from 1900-1950's, Silver spoons from the 30's. Found on the south east coast of Florida, where it is said to have held military camps during WW2. I've never found any buttons before, and I have searched ALL over the net to try and ID this myself, and no luck. Sorry for the condition, I have yet to clean this as I do not know what it is or how to safely remove the sand and grits stuck to it. From what I can make out with a magnifier it has a shield with a diagonal banner with stripes in the banner, and what looks like a knight helm above the shield. It is much smaller then a standard uniform button so I'm guessing it was on an arm cuff or something.. Again I am a newbie to these kinds of finds so please forgive me. The shank is molded on as part of the button itself and it has two holes, one on top and one on the bottom. If it is any help, there are traces of red thread on the broken shank. Any help with Identification would be much appreciated!! Also if you have any suggestions for safe cleaning of this would also be a great help!!

button.jpg

button2.jpg

There are 2 or 3 here that are close but I dont see a match.
I cant tell if thats a knights helmet on yours or not.
I think most guys use a toothpick to clean out the details on buttons.

Crest Shield - Waterbury Button
View attachment 911341

I think you got on the right track with the company.. It is similar to the one you posted but it has a dome shaped front its not flat and does not have a lip around the edge. I just searched that entire site and no match.. Some close but no match... ANY further help on ID and proper cleaning would be great!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back