Plastic 3 wheeled you with rider

TwiceUsed

Greenie
Apr 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plastic 3 wheeled cart with rider

I'm not even sure what to call this. It was found in a collection of 1940-1950s toys.

It's plastic and bas some type of logo I don't recognize on the bottom.

20190404_144021.jpg
20190404_144029.jpg
20190404_144035.jpg
20190404_144141.jpg

Last edited:
Cushman made a lot of those type scooters. Don't know if this will help or not.

Upvote 0
Welcome TwiceUsed and nice find!

I don't know what these things are called but they're used all over Europe by farmers and deliverymen. Popular with the vendors and suppliers of the farm markets. Like firemanphob said, Cushman made a similar model and still does. They don't get run over there, because everyone else is riding a bicycle. I've heard them described by some as a wheelbarrow with an engine.

Search European toys. Also this guy looks like he could be Dutch.

Best wishes!

Upvote 0
It just flashed in my mind that this could be a model railroad accessory. Any size references might held determine the gage and the age.

Upvote 0
I looked at this for a bit yesterday but didn't have time to respond.

I found a number of plastic toys made by "MM" Hong Kong, but no exact match to the truckster.

Even the toy collector forums don't know who "MM" was. Most speculate mid-1960's based on the artwork on the box.

IMG_4828_1520787127.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I looked at this for a bit yesterday but didn't have time to respond.

I found a number of plastic toys made by "MM" Hong Kong, but no exact match to the truckster.

Even the toy collector forums don't know who "MM" was. Most speculate mid-1960's based on the artwork on the box.

View attachment 1701873

You are awesome! I'm going to take the info you gave and do some more research and see what I can come up with. I'll report back if I find anything :D

Also, sorry about the super delayed response, I was away and just returned today. Cheers!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back