Planting a shrub and found this KKK Medalion

May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found in about 18" of dirt in an old property that I was helping plant some shrubs. Does anyone know how old it is? It measure 3 inches round and not sure of the metal but has no rust. Is there any value in this stuff or should I take it to a local History center? I don't want to offend anyone, just would like to know something about it. I searched online but could never find a match. 2017-05-27_23-31-54.jpg

Can't help, but is it painted or enameled/porcelain? It reminds me of a Car badge -

Interesting incidental find - construction may give a age range to more knowledgeable folks

Upvote 0
Can't help, but is it painted or enameled/porcelain? It reminds me of a Car badge -

Interesting incidental find - construction may give a age range to more knowledgeable folks

Never even considered that. I was originally thinking it felt heavy for a badge. It appears to be paint, it is flaking just a bit in center and seems too thin for porcelain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can't help you much, although it is definitely Klan, just can't find a exact match. I would suggest that you only have part of it however.

Upvote 0
That is a nice find and I would be interested in it only because I have ancestors that were part of the Klan.

Upvote 0
In my opinion it is a piece of history, although a bad time that always stirs controversy I would hope that it is seen as a relic of our past and no one on here takes offense and see's it as an interesting find, after stating that I think it was some type of radiator badge also.

Upvote 0
I don't know the value....but Klan swag is always pretty pricey.

Upvote 0
Its a recovered relic and nothing more, pretty sure everyone here loves History regardless of what the political motivation was.

Anyway, I think you should contact the Realm of Texas because I think this is a Hemphill grill medallion from the early 80s or late 70s. I believe that would actually fall under Sabine but not too sure; however in the Toledo Bend area these where pretty common on trucks and Sunday cars.

This was found in about 18" of dirt in an old property that I was helping plant some shrubs. Does anyone know how old it is? It measure 3 inches round and not sure of the metal but has no rust. Is there any value in this stuff or should I take it to a local History center? I don't want to offend anyone, just would like to know something about it. I searched online but could never find a match. View attachment 1455887

Upvote 0
Did you happen to find that anywhere near Martinsville, Indiana? If so, it is most definitely Klan.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back