pipe2.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 43
  • pipe1.JPG
    pipe1.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 47
  • pipe.JPG
    pipe.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 52
pipe has so many uses it may be hard to say just what it was used for. but in my opinion it is not civil war related.
it does not look all that old to me .

it could have been a property marker , tractor exhaust , tree stake , fence post, soil sampler or just some random pipe washed down stream.

walk the creek with a metal detector ,you may find some bullets or other relics .

Upvote 0
It is a piece of pipe but it doesn't look modern. Is there a seam down the side? The lip on the end is probably from being driven into the ground with a hammer.

Upvote 0
I agree with ticndig. It's okay, we've all dug stuff we thought was treasure but with a metal detector, I'm sure you could find some great stuff there underground.

Upvote 0
Was te creek and the pipe near that survey ribbon? If so, it may have been a corner marker. The top looks like it as been driven with a sledge.

Upvote 0
Looks like copper tubing to me. Steel doesn't roll like that when you hammer on it. I is sharp and jagged.

Upvote 0
I'd sure love to take the detector into this creek and surrounding area, but my next stop would be jail or a big fine, haha. The area is a park, not private property. We had to leave the pipe close to where we found it.

Upvote 0
Completely different areas. My house is CW winter camping, this was near the Rappahannock in the best possible place to hunt (and restricted).

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the seam. We had to leave the pipe in the park.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back