pinpointers

S

shreddah

what does everyone use?

I tried to find a post about them, but didnt find any.

anyways, I was looking on kellyco. website and found the Automax is on sale for 80 bucks. but wasnt sure if theres something better out there. Im looking to spend around the $100 range or LESS of course ;) but would like to get the best for what my money can buy. I currently have a bounty hunter metal detector but Im just getting too frustrated digging FOREVER and never finding the stuff. arrrrrgggg!

I too had asked think it was p[osted under tech the concensus was the bullseye hand held followed by the inline type mounted to your md however these are over your budget by about 50 they also mentioned the automax (is that the same as bullseye??)
Im a newbie and think I will save up for the inline one they make for the ace 250 its 149.00 are discriminate and are better then the handheld type which i heard detects all metal
Im also into model cars so Im used to: If u need it get it
nothing is a cheep hobby any more

shreddah said:
what does everyone use?

I tried to find a post about them, but didn't find any.

anyways, I was looking on kellyco. website and found the Automax is on sale for 80 bucks. but wasnt sure if theres something better out there. Im looking to spend around the $100 range or LESS of course ;) but would like to get the best for what my money can buy. I currently have a bounty hunter metal detector but Im just getting too frustrated digging FOREVER and never finding the stuff. arrrrrgggg!

When it comes to pinpointers , I can only speak for what I have used and that being a Whites Bullseye pinpointer. I have never had a problem with it. I know when using one they definitely come in handy when trying to find a small object in a pile of dirt or in the hole you just dug. I had an experience once that I'm glad I had mine with me , I got a nice low consistant hit on a slope near an old cellar hole. Dug the hole could not find the item at all but still was making a sound when going over with my detector....almost ready to leave it , I actually walked to my truck that was not far away and found the coin on edge in the side of the hole........ ;) I was an 1835 Bust half Dime and from that day on ....I use my bullseye as needed !!! :o

thanks. I read around on a few other posts and ended up going with the vibraprobe. seems like a lot of people are using it and like it. so I guess we will see. I hope i like it.

shreddah you will like the vibraprobe. I use it all the time (with my Xterra) and it is nice to not have to push any bottons on or off. With my other machine I have an in line and love it as well. I wouldn't hunt without one these days. When I first got into detecting a straight brass probe was all that was available. You have to got to love technology! HH

i've got the bullseye and the dx-1probe,i like th eprobe cause it attaches right to your md,there a site called thunting.com were it shows u how 2 make your own 4 cheap

Farmercal said:
shreddah you will like the vibraprobe. I use it all the time (with my Xterra) and it is nice to not have to push any bottons on or off. With my other machine I have an in line and love it as well. I wouldn't hunt without one these days. When I first got into detecting a straight brass probe was all that was available. You have to got to love technology! HH

thanks. I know its so hard figuring out which products to use cause theres just SO MANY options. I have a fairly inexpensive MD. its a bountyhunter. not sure what model. I bought it a few years ago. for a couple hundred dollars. I think it works okay. it definitely detects metal. and i guess thats the main thing. I plan on upgrading to something a little higher end once I make some decent finds worth selling off. :) thats the plan anyways. so may the treasure gods be with me in my quest. haha.

bomber said:
i've got the bullseye and the dx-1probe,i like th eprobe cause it attaches right to your md,there a site called thunting.com were it shows u how 2 make your own 4 cheap

yeah it seems like a lot of people have the bullseye or the vibraprobe. I ended up ordering the vibraprobe so I guess we will see how it works. everyone seems to like it. thanks for the site info... Ill definitely have to check that out! :)

let us know what u think kiddo,good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back