Pink rock that sparks when hit

TraphillGirl

Aug 1, 2024
Hello All,
I am in Western North Carolina, and found this on our property. The rock was broken apart by our tractor and I noticed its pink color. When I tried to break it open more, it had lots of sparks. Is it rose quartz, garnet, or rhodonite or something entirely different? Your expertise is appreciated.

Attachments

• pink stone.jpeg
    pink stone.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 54
Hello All...I am in Western North Carolina...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: NORTH CAROLINA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

...Is it rose quartz, garnet, or rhodonite or something entirely different..
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum TODAY'S FINDS! contains your find(s). Share it with others in the Today's Finds Forum. Always a "timely" place to visit.

Upvote 1
Hello All,
I am in Western North Carolina, and found this on our property. The rock was broken apart by our tractor and I noticed its pink color. When I tried to break it open more, it had lots of sparks. Is it rose quartz, garnet, or rhodonite or something entirely different? Your expertise is appreciated.
Lots of quarts in that one. One of the primary characteristics of quarts is its throwing sparks when hit with a pick or hammer.

Fancy rock

Upvote 3
IF you strike quartz rocks together in the dark you will see sparks . I learned that from a boy scout when I was in elementary school ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back