pics too large!!!

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
I've been trying to post some of my finds, but the message always comes back that the file is too large--need some help/tips from those of you who post pics!!! (which I really enjoy, by the way--its great to see what other people are finding! Thanks so much! Jack.

P.S.-I've read all the tips on cropping the pics to take out unnecessary background, etc, but STILL too large!

Upvote 0
Its pretty easy, really. Go into your photo editor and "edit" then "resize". Usually 800x600 works well, but it depends on the resolution. Save it as a new name, and the check to see how big the file is. I think the limit is 96 kb. Also, I think there is a post in one of the how to sections on what to do in case this doesn't work for you- good luck, you'll get it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info--I'll try again! Don't have any trouble attaching pics to emails, but I guess this is entirely different. Thanks again! Jack.

Right click on the image and select "send to" and choose MS Paint. Click on "Image" in Paint and choose "Stretch/Skew" and make the Horizontal and Vertical percentage equal 40. Resave the picture and overwrite the original image. That's all you need to do.

BB

Baldingboy said:
Right click on the image and select "send to" and choose MS Paint. Click on "Image" in Paint and choose "Stretch/Skew" and make the Horizontal and Vertical percentage equal 40. Resave the picture and overwrite the original image. That's all you need to do.

BB

This is also what I do... :thumbsup: Fast, Easy, Free - and you already have the program!

use the lowest setting on your camera when you take the pics

[size=10pt]You can also try this path.

Right click on your picture

Select open with

Microsoft office picture manager

On top go to picture then resize

I use web large 640x480px

Then save and the you should not have any issues posting pictures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back