Picnic Grove Display Case

Digger62918

Sep 28, 2009
Carterville, IL.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70 Pro , Fisher CZ-20 , Minelab Explorer SE
I have been hunting an old picnic grove for the past few weeks. Below is a small display case I made to give to the owner of the property to show my thanks and gratitude for letting me detect his land. The site dates back to the mid 1800's and has produced a large number of old coins and relics for me. In total I have found 31 Indian Head pennies, 4 Barber Dimes, 2 Seated Dimes, 2 V Nickels, and 1 Silver Washing Quarter, not to mention numerous relics. I figured a simple display case with a few finds is the least I can do for him to show my thanks. I hope he enjoys it.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 728
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 725
Upvote 0
Very nice displays. Love the finds. HH....

Nicely done , allways good to give soemthing back. WTG :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v

An honorable good faith gesture that will reward you many times over in the long run. Good deal. :thumbsup:

a very nice way to show your thanks ! awesome display :thumbsup:

Looks good to me! :icon_thumleft:

Oh Man ! That is such a beautiful case , and an even more beautiful gesture - that will probably
result in you getting additional hunt sites ! Argentium.

great idea! beautiful display.
i've been thinking of doing something like this for some of the landowners of the better sites i've been working.
i gotta get on it!

Bikerboyzx6r said:
Nice one! Show thanks & you will reap the rewards :hello2:
Argentium said:
Oh Man ! That is such a beautiful case , and an even more beautiful gesture - that will probably
result in you getting additional hunt sites ! Argentium.
dwayne sueno said:
great idea! beautiful display.
i've been thinking of doing something like this for some of the landowners of the better sites i've been working.
i gotta get on it!
lumpsums said:
a very nice way to show your thanks ! awesome display :thumbsup:
artzstuff1 said:
That should do the trick, I think he will like it!!! :headbang:

art

Thanks everybody, glad everyone likes it. I plan to drop it off to him tomorrow, hopefully it scores me a few additional hunt sites. :wink:

A fine opportunity for future hunting. People appreciate this and most likely will talk to others which brings your future hunts. I always offer something to the owners. It's really surprised me when I hold out the find's they will take a buffalo over a merc, "I have'nt seen one of those in years" or " You found them, you keep them". A lot of people think that it is just change you found in there yard and are not even interrested. WTG Digger!

Just a quick update, I dropped off the display case today to the owner and he was thrilled. Think I made a new best friend, haha. He was very excited to have the items and I think I will end up with several new hunt sites out of the deal. :icon_thumleft: Happy Hunting Everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back