Phallic Glass object..

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this also at the "pit", however my dumb--- broke my cardinal rule with glass from the ground, never submerge in hot water, it got schwacked. Nothing crazy glue cant fix. Anyhow, I have never in all my years digging for bottles seen anything like this? It almost looks like a glass insulator, but its to ornate. Anybody have an idea?

Schwacked.jpg
Schwacked 2.jpg

Now that is interesting. Is it hollow and threaded at all? This is just a thought but could it be the top of a lightning rod?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
Now that is interesting. Is it hollow and threaded at all? This is just a thought but could it be the top of a lightning rod?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

It is hollow, however it is not threaded but it does have a screw with a nut on the side..:icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I believe you have a slag glass insulator. HUGH Score dude, Hope you get over the fact of it was you that put it in that hot water. I know the feeling, been there and done that kind of thing. :'(
RARE Houze Houzex Cobalt Blue Slag Glass Car Auto Ashtray Insulator Suction Cup | eBay

here are some more pictures..I know it sucks, when you know how to probably clean glass and you do the stupidest thing and it breaks..lol

Next to a carters ink.
Comparison.jpg
Screw side
Screwside.jpg
Opposite side
Oppside.jpg
Inside
inside.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Diffidently something you'll not find two of the same patterns. I first recognized the type glass as what they call slag glass and there are collectors of anything made of that type glass (beware of the modern slag glass pieces) collectors like the old and the new stuff is from China. If I ever find one of those in an antique shop or thrift store with a twenty dollars or less price tag on it I'll be sure to grab it. I've bought and sold other items of slag glass as I know they'll sell good to collectors. Neat Find:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back