Peseta

skywatcher1

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
My husband found this at a building site yesterday (he is a drywall subcontractor)? It was near a gate in the field where the house he is working on was built.? It says Juan Carlos I Rey Espana 1975. Obverse says Una Peseta with the coat of arms in the center.? It makes me wonder how things get to where they're found! He found an 1877 dime along a fence row ( where I told him he was wasting his time hunting :-[)? Anyway here is the picture-

Skywatcher's wife

Attachments

• Unapesata.jpg
    Unapesata.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
Sounds like you've got to keep motivating him! Next time out tell him there isn't any gold over there or fine jewelry over here or some such!

Nice pix. Your hubby has a keen eye. Now you just need to make a nice detecting find. I was outside for a while this morning, but even though the sun is shining, 11 degrees is just a bit to chilly for my detecting bones. Spotz

That's a cool find Iem in SO. CAL. so I come across pesos some times but not like that. It seams to be commemorate some one. as for the dime I find that the fence rows are unpicked but if you can take the time to weed out the fence there is treasure to be found ARR .SASQUASH

Hey Skywatchers Wife! Nice find. I'd like to see the dime too. As long as you're telling your hubby where to hunt, you might as well get your turn behind the MD. Just tell him..."What about me? Where's the MD for me?" ;D H ~CO2

i found one of these too! although mine is from 1953 and has a different portrait. its from spain and is obsolete now that the euro being used.

Cool coin find !! WTG!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back