41.7 KB · Views: 21
  • rsz_20221013_221130.jpg
    rsz_20221013_221130.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
  • rsz_20221013_221256.jpg
    rsz_20221013_221256.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 24
very nice.
n how do you recommend picking them. maybe put a tarp on ground or use a ladder?
I use a 6' A-frame ladder if just me picking. If the woman is with me I throw her in the FEL and away we go😎 my experience is if your waiting till the ripin and fall, you'll miss the chance to get most. More eyes then mine are watching the fruits, deer,bear,hogs,coons, armadillos, possom,etc.
I like to pick them slightly green, twist and pull. Then I lay them out, ck and roll daily. When the fruit gets softer and you can EASILY pill it's tophat off, I do and toss on a gallon freezer bag. Fill bag toss in freezer till use👍 the wine will make ya slap yo momma😎

I planted four trees in my backyard about 30 years ago They are a Japanese variety. They grew fast and they normally produce a heavy crop There is a large woods that adjoins my yard and I regularly see all kinds of wildlife Most years the fruit do not start to ripen until Nov. and some years there is still a few hanging on into mid Feb The primary reason I planted hem was to provide a food source and there by increasing the chance I could see wildlife from my kitchen window

Its a small tree at least twenty yrs. old . I plan to pick as many as I can.
located on a small hill its not easy picking them . usually leave them for the possums. n found bear poo in the yard with the persimmon seeds. i had wondered what they were eating.
I like your idea of freezing them.
n your wine must be really good. n bread pudding, too.
thanks all.

They grow naturally in Eastern Oklahoma so I had them a lot. Be sure they're ripe. Supposedly you cut the seed in half and it tells you what the coming winter will be like.
Spoon,knife,fork..........spoon,=snow. Knife=cutting cold fork=warm

Its a small tree at least twenty yrs. old . I plan to pick as many as I can.
located on a small hill its not easy picking them . usually leave them for the possums. n found bear poo in the yard with the persimmon seeds. i had wondered what they were eating.
I like your idea of freezing them.
n your wine must be really good. n bread pudding, too.
thanks all.
Your Persimmons are way better and larger then our native fruit. I'd like to get 15-20# of yours🤘

two trees here. one has larger fruit than the other, guess it's the age of the tree.
I use the seed to predict the weather. This year there is a spoon/knife inside the seed. "Cold & wet winter.
the past few years the seeds had a spoon, wet. Pretty accurate.. old timers way
slice the seed from the long skinny side. hard to do , so use needle nose pliers to hold the seed.
GOOD LUCK!
persimmon beer is a treat also. my brother loves it. Me, I'll stick to local branch water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back