Perfect storm?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
No pictures (sorry). I have been finding a lot of debitage on a field of mine. I just acquired permission for 3 more harvested fields. They are nearby and each field has a noticeably high spot on it. They were just planted 3 days ago with a cover crop. The rotary hoe covered everything with sand. We are predicted for 3”-5” of rain in the next 3 days. That should expose the surface chips again. I’m hoping for the best. Will post the results.

Upvote 3
you could have a perfect storm occur it sounds like. heavy rain washes sandy areas pretty easy in my area.

I have found that the primary camp area were in the sandy loam ground since when rain occured the rain soaked in quick and drained off.

as opposed to the soil with a heavy concentration of clay which the water would pool instead of drain.

good luck

you could have a perfect storm occur it sounds like. heavy rain washes sandy areas pretty easy in my area.

I have found that the primary camp area were in the sandy loam ground since when rain occured the rain soaked in quick and drained off.

as opposed to the soil with a heavy concentration of clay which the water would pool instead of drain.

good luck
Makes sense. These are very well drained sandy hill tops. I can’t wait. The worst thing That can happen is a nice walk. 👍🏼

Rain can be your best friend for sure, I wish we’d get some here, always a bit torn I don’t want peoples houses flooding or crops going under but always hoping for a good hard rain to expose things and bring the river up and shuffle new things onto the gravel bars. Hopefully you come back with plenty of good pictures soon

Rain can be your best friend for sure, I wish we’d get some here, always a bit torn I don’t want peoples houses flooding or crops going under but always hoping for a good hard rain to expose things and bring the river up and shuffle new things onto the gravel bars. Hopefully you come back with plenty of good pictures soon
We just had a whale of a t-storm. Hard, driving rain and hail. Im estimating 1” of rain in about 25 minutes. That should have exposed something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back