Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a site that has evidence of Native American-historic artifacts, including lots of .22’s which my mom and brothers lay claim to, I’m curious if this was a percussion cap, which would be a nice little piece of evidence to bridge the gap from 1860-to 1970…. Or it’s just some kind of garbage.
IMG_2941.jpeg
IMG_2942.jpeg
IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2943.jpeg

Yes it is a .22 casing. Appreciate the responses, oddly enough pencil came to mind too but I don’t think it quite works, I’m leaning pretty hard towards percussion cap but I’ll let it simmer a bit longer before marking it solved.

Upvote 2
Thanks all, the site is 98% Native American, 1.5% modern (1960-90) 22’s and a few other things, and .5% early things, like a screw or two, similar to what you find on old guns, a pinch of square nails, and a few things that escape me at the moment. while I may not be able to definitively date it the percussion cap could fit with this possible 19th century element. I’m not so sure it doesn’t even blend with the historic Native Americans here so again I appreciate the confirmation, I didn’t want to draw conclusions off of a piece of garbage.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back