DSCF7015.JPG
    793.8 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF7016.JPG
    DSCF7016.JPG
    695.5 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF7017.JPG
    DSCF7017.JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 145
Though I can't read the last number, I would call it a 1952, as the word cola on the bottles was stopped in 1953 - just pepsi from then on.

Fun find!

Observe the base of the bottle for the mold code. This code which appears on the bases of Pepsi bottles manufactured in the 1940s, consists of a one or two-digit numbers on the left side of a letter, which is typically A or B, and another on its right side. The number on the right may indicate the last digits of the manufacturing date. For example, the code '2 A 44', probably indicates a bottle manufactured in the year 1944.

Upvote 0
I thought the center numbers on pepsi bottles of this sort referenced the date? So 5/49 for May 1949? Not a collector of more modern bottles like these so not sure, i'd defer to Molewacker here.

Unfortunately the "ACL" (applied color label) is long-gone so it has little value, but when you're out digging clams again keep your eyes open, there could be some very excellent pieces waiting for you in the muck.

What kind of clams, btw?

Upvote 0
I thought the center numbers on pepsi bottles of this sort referenced the date? So 5/49 for May 1949? Not a collector of more modern bottles like these so not sure, i'd defer to Molewacker here.

Unfortunately the "ACL" (applied color label) is long-gone so it has little value, but when you're out digging clams again keep your eyes open, there could be some very excellent pieces waiting for you in the muck.

What kind of clams, btw?
Steamer Clams - also called Soft Shell .

Attachments

• DSCF7020.JPG
    DSCF7020.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Mojjax I spent a week in Maine fishing some time ago . One night we had steamed clams and lobster for supper . We had a great time even though the fishing was slow that week . Thanks for bringing back the trip with your pic of the clams

Upvote 0
Very nice Pepsi bottle, I agree with the 1949 date, I have yet to find one that old. The oldest complete Pepsi bottle I dug was in between the stones in a cellar hole, and was from the 1960's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back