South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only a couple of good signals over the last couple lunch hunts. Hit a site I pounded last year, but decided to focus on the trashy areas. Had a perfect silver quarter signal, not too deep and out popped a small penny loafer.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523469283.485044.jpg
Finding old shoes is not so unusual at the sites I hit, so I just set it aside and reswung the hole and nada, swung the dirt packed shoe and there she was. I've found coins at this site from Rosie's to 1850's silvers, so my mind is thinking old Large Cent was in the penny loafer slot and must now be lodged down in the shoe. Start digging out the dirt and see a golden round edge, I'm thinking, no way! Finally dislodge the golden prize.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523469543.436379.jpg
Ok, how the heck did a beer bottle screw cap end up deep inside an old shoe. Coincidence, I think not. Someone 40 years ago decided to play a prank on a future detectorist, and it worked!

Only other hole that had a great signal turned out ok.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523469763.905514.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523469778.856324.jpg
I think this is a radiator emblem from the 1920's.

Good luck out there!

Upvote 18
LOVE THE BADGE . HELL YOU GOT SO HAPPY THAN YOU RAN OUT YOUR SHOES. BUT WAIT , COULD BE ANOTHER CLUE TO THE WEAR ABOUTS OF D B COOPER

Awesome old car part! :occasion14:

I'm happy to see you aren't LOAFING around on your lunch breaks.
Won't be long till you're sweating bullets on these lunch hunts......
that is if there is anything left to find within 10 miles of your office :laughing7:

Those Iron City caps piss me off too haha. That Radiator Badge is sweet, I've only found one (Ford) and I wish I could find more.

Interesting finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back