Pennies pennies pennies...

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Took $10 to the bank today and decided to try out an idea my friend gave me, i got $10 in pennies, the reason is is becasue i can look thru them and take whatever u want (such as old wheaties or die errors etc) it kinda seems desperate but its somthing fun for u to di in the evening, and afer u have picked over the pennies take however much new pennies from your own money and put them back into the pile and then re-roll em, take em back to the bank, and get ur $10 back, well just an idea, well HH CSoh heres some pics. ;D

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 516
  • farout.jpg
    farout.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0
Please tell us your Treasure to Trash Ratio on the pennies.

Attachments

• money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 485
  • money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 477
Oops, totally forgot that wasent a too good day today 2 wheaties and 2 canadians cents out of 1000 pennies :-[ but it was fun. did anyone notice my new avatar?

that's pretty bizarre - i was at work today about 3:30 e.s.t and i thought of the same idea - even though you found only a few out of a thousand i think its worth a try - i used to collect baseball cards and this one time i bought 10 boxes of wax packs and did not get one keeper over .25 - this was 1990 - when griffey was a rookie - other times one pack yielded cards worth some bucks - totally random - i will try it sometime and post it bank pennys - Cool anyways - Leftybassplayer

I can remember when I was a kid, my dad was into coin collecting big time. He used to take his whole paycheck to the bank and cash it in pennies. Then we would all sit there and go through every single roll--------------for hours!!!!! UGH! When you're a kid, that can seem like a lifetime! Hope you had fun.

vicki

I do the same thing except with half dollars. I get a silver one time to time to make up for the silver I aint finding dirt fishing. HH

I was thinking about doing this with half dollars myself, especially since most people don't know that some post 1964 years were 40% silver. I figured I could at least score some of those. I wonder if someone atround here does that and got some of my rolled up corroded zinc pennies, lol!

I have done that with McNickles.......No buffs in a while tho......Hey In your Avitar is that you diving in Lake Erie ?

Used to do that myself with halves-but went through the banks rolls pretty quick as not many people would circulate them and would start getting my own rolls back. Almost went blind looking at pennies for mint errors. haha

It amazing how quickly things have gotten out of circulation. I remember when I was a kid in the 70s we'd find all kinds of neat things in just regular change such as buffalo nickles, wheat pennies, an occasional silver, steal cent, even franklin halfs....now....nothing.

I like the idea of the 50 Cent pieces.

What should I look for?

Sounds like a fun and possibly profitable way to kill some time.

wayne1956 said:
I do the same thing except with half dollars. I get a silver one time to time to make up for the silver I aint finding dirt fishing. HH

"dirt fishing" - I like that phrase! :D

About 3 months ago my best friend went to the bank and asked for some 50 cent rolls or halves rolls. They came out with several rolls, on some of the rolls it said "BU Keep" So my friend said give me this one that one and that one. After going back twice he ended up with 9 rolls 1965-1969 Kennedy Halves. All have some amount of silver in every coin and all in BU condition. He already sold some rolls to a coin dealer for $40.00 a roll. My friend paid the bank $10.00 a roll. What a cache hu? Here are two of those halves pictured.

Attachments

• myhalves 002.jpg
    myhalves 002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 245
Hey there saver I do the same thing in the winter time when I can't go out. I usually find several wheaties and a few silver dimes but no great amts but I do it to get rid of the boredum. Treasure is anywhere one finds it just like in the junk cars some of these guys search or the old furniture at the dump its all in the find. Have fun
Mchamby

Thx for the replies everyone, gonna take em back to the bank rly soon and am gonna get some more pennies! lol oh and to answer all of ur guys questionns here u go: first to Allen, My friends best find was like an 1920 wheatie and a bunch of forgien coins and die errors, his grandmother did find a buffalo nickel in one of the rolls tho, but he has only done it a couple of times, and McNickle, no thats not me in my avitar, kinda funny that u thought of that tho, cause ive never even seen the great lakes, =( but thats kool, HH all CS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back