PAWN STARS

gimper

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois far from Chicago
Detector(s) used
CZ-6, White's Eagle 1(both broken) Compass X-100 and no pen to point (why waste batteries)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont often go to pawn shops but my brother told me about a metal detector he had seen in one.It was a Fisher cz-6 quicksilver with a 7 or 8 inch coil didnt measure it.Drove the 40 miles to get there, Got to lookin it over seemed to be in good working order and only found a couple things wrong one being the external speaker didnt work had to use the included headphones to hear it and a couple other minor things. Honestly i thought i would have to send it in to fix ,pointed out these supposed problems to him, long story shorter he wanted 250.00 i paid 125.00 after dickering and pointing out the faults. It does real well on depth "air tests" got it home and looked it up online "no manual" found out it had no external speaker new. Whoops!!! honest mistake on my part. Besides his wife said after i paid for it they had 50.00 in it, so no harm no foul? right? they made almost triple their money, in reality they screwed the poor guy that had it in the first place on purpose i got them by accident. I really think its gonna be a good backup which i been lookin for. can any body out there tell me anything about this model advice, insights, experiences with this unit anything at all. thanks in advance folks!!!!:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Upvote 2
Ya done good! :hello2: And please release the guilt because if they didn't want to sell at your price, they would've said, "No!" Successful deal on both sides!

The only machine I know is my trusty simple Bounty Hunter, but I'm sure others will give ya advice about your new detector! Even though mine has both external speaker & headphones, I never use the external speaker because it uses up the batteries much quicker, might bother people when I'm beach detecting, and blows my cover if I'm quietly detecting a park and don't want a passel of little kids hanging around, lol.
Sometimes I love little kids hanging around when I'm beach detecting -- the youngest kid I've introduced to metal detecting was barely 2 years old, a solemn little guy who wandered over, quietly held onto the detector's pole and gently swished it back & forth as he'd seen me do -- kid's gonna go far!

HAVE FUN!
:icon_thumleft: Andi

Like already said loose the guilt,it's about time someone got one over on a pawn shop instead of them getting one over on someone else.Congrats.

I apologize, I'd forgotten the 1260X manual wasn't listed on the download site. I e-mailed them and they sent me one. I notice your's isn't listed either, so just e-mail them. FOR FREE

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Great machine and a good buy. Was the go-to model for serious hunters for years in this area until the Minelabs took over. It's not a Minelab, but goes deep and does a respectable job. Should be a killer on nickels (and gold rings give a nice round sound if you learn the tones or have good hearing). Iron/nails can be a problem, as they give double beeps - one on each end of the nail, so that's another thing you'll have to learn. Relatively easy to use, and a solid built, durable machine. I still have my last one, I use it as a loaner when someone not into the hobby wants to go detecting with me as it takes 5 minutes or less to explain it to them - and it almost never fails they turn up something good. Mine has a SunRay probe on it, and I'd recommend that or the Garrett Propointer as a really great accessory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back